Tuesday 7 May 2013

Top 5: Summer Lip Products...







Hi all, 
For today's post I thought I'd share my top 5 lip products for this summer that I am going to wearing to death during the warm weather coming our way in the next few months (mainly after I do all my exams though!!). Also apologies for those of you who don't like the black and white, I was in a rush to photograph and didn't realise until I loaded the pictures that they were monochrome, hence a few colours that I took with my phone rather than the proper camera. Anyway without further ado here is my top 5 lip products for summer 2013.....

1. Benefit 'Nice Knickers'
2. Dior Addict Extreme 'Silhouette' 
3. Revlon colourstay in 'Kiss me Coral'
4. Revlon lip butters in 'Wild Watermelon' and 'Sorbet'
5. Benefit lipgloss in 'Dandelion' 




(Left to right: Benefit Dandelion, Revlon Sorbet, Revlon Wild Watermelon)

Revlon Lip Butters: 
I love the revlon lip butters with a passion, literally all of them. The formulation is nice and light and the coverage of the product can go from sheer right into opaque with such ease it's unreal. I also love how easy they are to just throw in your handbag and whip out to give a quick pop of colour to the face and just make you look a little bit more done up with minimal effort...perfect for summer!

Dandelion Lip Gloss: 
This shade is the perfect 'my lips but better' shade of gloss for me. It gives a lovely healthy look to the lips which then radiates the whole face to really bring out the summery glow. I normally wear the gloss with quite dewy makeup just to really give my skin a healthy natural look with a finish that looks like I'm hardly wearing any makeup at all.

(left to right: Benefit Nice knickers, Dior silhouette, Revlon Kiss me coral)

Nice Knickers:
This is my go to summer bright lipstick. It has such a creamy formulation and sweeps onto the lip so nicely but the colour is pretty much opaque so is great for a more formal occasion...it's basically a more formal version of the lip butter which I think is why I was so drawn to both of the colours this season. They just really give the face a pop of colour and brighten up the complexion which is great especially in the transition between colder months and the end of spring/ beginning of summer. 

Silhouette: 
This is my favourite nude lipstick for summer. Everything about it is just amazing, the formulation, the coverage, the staying power, the way it wars throughout the day, and of course the packaging. For me this is a staple all year round but it tends to come out more in summer when I dial back my makeup to the bare essentials for a more natural look. 

Kiss me Coral:
To be honest the colour of this lipstick does it for me. It is the perfect in between of orange and red/pink to give one of my favourite corals on the market. The formulation is also nice and creamy, but light once applied to the lips...basically just stunning on all fronts! 




So there you have it....my top 5 lip products for summer 2013...what are your favourites? 
comment below...
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment