Saturday 5 May 2012

April Favourites

April Favourites


Although this favourites is a little late I can't see the harm in posting it...so here goes!

Tribal print vest top: 
I have been really enjoying this trend as I find it  great way to put a load of colour into your outfit without having to worry about it looking a little to wacky and out there. Also this top is so comfortable that I have worn it an awful lot from when i bought it! these tops are very easy to dress up by throwing on a blazer or smarter jacket or dressing them down with just jeans and a cardigan if it's a little cold!

Coral jeans:
Again these are a great way to brighten up your outfit without worrying about going overboard. I live in jeans and leggings around this time of year so finding something other than black or denim blue is a great way to mix up your wardrobe for spring and there are loads on the market in high street stores that are an absolute steal! 

Clutch bags: 
This clutch from all saints is one of my favourites but I have been loving clutch bags in general this month. I'm not  sure why but they have caught my eye a lot this month and I have used them as much as I can without going overboard. My other favourites include a nice nude, black and tan coloured clutch as they are the three colours that go with pretty much anything and that i would recommend getting a clutch bag in if you are looking to invest in one!

Nude wedges:
As the shortest one out of my friends I end up wearing heels a lot! But, when your out and about even the comfiest pairs end up hurting...(I have bad ankles after an accident last year). So, I invested in a pair of nude wedges from ALDO and I am now in love with them. They are nude so go with pretty much everything that I have been wearing lately but are very comfortable to walk in for long periods of time which is great. They again are great fro dressing up and down and are easy to work into most outfits. 

Dior Airflash Foundation:
This is a great lightweight foundation for spring and summer. Although it is a little bit expensive I do think it is worth the investment if you are willing to make it.

Dior Addict Lipstick:
Again a little bit pricey BUT this lipstick does have great pigmentation when its applied. I have been wearing this underneath a gloss just to give it a little but of a younger fresher look during the day or as a more matt lipstick rather than a standard application but it looks great when applied by itself without any alterations too! The staying power could be a bit better but the formation of the lipstick is great and feels lovely when applied. 

Chanel Mascara: 
This mascara gives great length and a little volume to lashes which I really love. It also hold a curl really well which is great when I'm out for dinner or something and would rather not have to re-do my lashes. Again a little bit of an investment but I really love this mascara and the classy look it give lashes when it's applied. 

Essie nail polish:
And finally, I currently have this colour on my toes and I love it! It's in the shade midnight cami by essie and has a lovely green/blue reflex in the light. It is just one of those colours that looks good paired with most things as it is just plain but with a little something to stop it feeling too wintery.

I have also liked stacking bangles and bracelets on my wrists/arms when I'm getting an outfit together because I think it really just completes the outfit.

And so there you have it my April favourites! I hope you enjoyed this post and please feel free to leave comments etc...

smj 






No comments:

Post a Comment