Monday 10 June 2013

Review: Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish...


Hi all, 
Hope you are enjoying the new format to the blog, I thought it was time for a little change and a bit more professionalism on the blog. So today I'm reviewing one of my favourite drugstore purchases of late...Maybelline Colorshow Nail Polish, in the shade Power Red. I have been looking for a more summery red in recent weeks and I think this just nails it....excuse the unintended pun there!





Where to start? Well first off I love the fact that even though I did apply two coats of polish, one would have been more than enough as it gives a complete opaque covering of colour. Also the colour is so vibrant and pretty it really sets off a tan, but also worked on my skin before I got a little bit of colour. 
Secondly the formulation is lovely. For such a low price, £2.99 at boots, the polish goes on lovely and smooth and layers beautifully, and also lasts on the nails nicely when applied with a top coat. (Mine is going on 5 days chip free).
Lastly is the great value of the product, for only £2.99 you get 7ml of polish, which is a really decent amount, and also in pretty sleek looking packaging in my opinion, so overall good job Maybelline...I'm in love with this range! (my bank balance however not so much as I've already ordered another five polishes! oops!)




What do you think of this range? what's your favourite drugstore nail polish? 
comment below I'm always looking to try new things....
xx

2 comments: